- Over 50 unique courses and workshops to choose from
- Unique courses are taught by experienced instructors who provide exploratory, hands-on multi-disciplinary learning opportunities
- Immersive, hands-on learning makes it fun in the classroom with age-appropriate activities and content
- Social-emotional development in and out of the classroom builds confidence
Unforgettable Experiences On and Off Campus
- Enjoy jampacked on-campus programs like Silent Discos, Karaoke, Movie Nights, Trivia Games, and more.
- Students can explore university facilities like the gym, dining halls, recreation centers, and more.
- Off-campus trips vary based on location but often include trips to the beach, lake, city landmarks, theme parks, sporting events, local hot spots, and more.
Select from programs at UCLA or Georgetown University
Summer Discovery Campus Staff & Nurse Availability
Immersive, hands-on learning makes it fun in the classroom. Develop hard and soft skills while learning more about academic areas of interest.
Discover a unique blend of academic and life skills experience, where learning is everywhere. Students enjoy classes, plenty of recreational time, and trips on and off campus with friends each day.
- Apply online and select your campus.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis – the earlier you apply, the more choices you will have. Most decisions are made within 5 business days.
- Once accepted, it's time to officially enroll and place your deposit to hold your spot.
- Course registration typically opens in February, so make sure you are ready to go!
- Final payment is due in April (or later if late enrollment), then get ready to countdown the days until Summer Discovery!
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
- Live in a secure residence hall
- Eat in university dining halls each day
- Daily supervised programs, trips, and events every afternoon and evening
- Get a taste of learning in a university setting
- Enjoy afternoon activities
- Eat lunch in the dining halls
SAFETY & SECURITY
Age appropriate supervision, prioritized wellbeing.
- Staff must clear thorough criminal background checks and complete specialized training for working with minors.
- Students may move about specific campus areas in groups of three or more at designated times.
- While students have a sense of freedom, staff constantly keep in close communication with students to ensure they are where they need to be.
- Teaching assistants monitor the dining hall.
- Nurse lives on campus and is available 24 hours/day. No student is allowed off campus without supervision.
Who are Summer Discovery's staff and instructors? Can I still have fun while taking classes? How are roommates selected?
We offer additional experiential and pre-college programs for high school students and gifted & talented students in grades 1-12.