Here at summerdiscovery.com, we are sensitive to protecting the private information that you provide to us. Our mission is to offer you useful information about enrichment and travel programs that are owned and operated by Musiker Discovery Programs, Inc. We want you to have the opportunity to receive information about Summer Discovery as well as enjoy other online capabilities, such as online enrollment and catalog requests that summerdiscovery.com provides. In order for summerdiscovery.com to make those services available, we ask you to submit personal information. This policy will give details on how summerdiscovery.com uses the information that you provide to us and why we ask for the information that we do. We may make changes to this policy periodically, which we will post here.
How We Use the Information You Provide Us
Name, Address, Contact, Surveys and Billing Information
When you fill out a form or submit an online application, you may be asked to enter your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, billing information and/or other personal information. Summer Discovery may share this personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, providing pre-/post- and on-program services, managing and enhancing customer data and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information. Summer Discovery does not sell your personal information to third parties.
Website Use and Navigation Information
Summer Discovery uses online analytics tools such as Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc., to collect and track information about your visit so that Summer Discovery can monitor usage and make improvements. These tools may store your IP address from which you access our Website. Summer Discovery also collects the following data elements in aggregate form:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, gmail.com, if you are connecting from a Google Online account)This information is aggregate and anonymous. A third-party cookie may also be placed on your computer which will collect information about your visit to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Usage of such cookies is not linked to any personally identifiable info
- The type of device, browser, and operating system used to access our Website
- The date and time you access our site
- The length of your visit
- The location from which you access our site (approximate country, state, city and postal code based on Google Analytics data)
- The pages, files, documents, and links that you visit and engage with
- The domain of the website which referred you to this website (the last website you visited before visiting this one)
We periodically survey our program participants for their academic and travel interests in order to help us improve the types of travel programs we offer. In conducting these surveys, we may ask for certain personal information so that we can identify and, if requested, contact you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary.
Contests and Promotions
When you enter a contest or other promotional feature on our website, we may ask for personal information so that we can administer the contest and notify winners. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information Summer Discovery Collects
- to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by Summer Discovery, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to enforce the Summer Discovery Program Standards and Policies or to protect our rights; or
- to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the website. Summer Discovery reserves the right to transfer personal information to a successor in interest that acquires rights to that information as a result of the sale of Summer Discovery or substantially all of its assets to that successor in interest.
At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving emails from Summer Discovery by following the opt-out instructions included at the bottom of emails and informing us of your preference.
Linked Internet Sites
When you access or interact with Summer Discovery through a social media service such as Facebook or Instagram, we may have visibility to your profile name and other information you have made public in connection with that particular social media service. The social media companies may collect and share anonymous aggregate metrics with us regarding use, such as the total number of clicks, shares, users’ demographics (e.g., age range, gender, location). These social media companies are not operated by Summer Discovery; use of their services is governed by the privacy policies of the social media companies.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
Summer Discovery may use and disclose information collected for various revenue-generating purposes, including:
- To process, track, and manage products and/or services you request
- To communicate with you about the content and/or services you may be interested in through content and advertisements on our Websites, mail, email, advertising networks, and social platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Google
- To manage your account, deliver services you request, and to improve and enhance our services
- To provide you with special offers, promotions and information from across the Institution, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law
- To respond to your inquiries or comments
- To contact you about changes to services
- To allow social media sharing
- To perform internal analysis in order to improve Summer Discovery operations and business practices
- To protect the legal rights and obligations of Summer Discovery and others
- To help determine how parts of our websites are used in order to optimize site performance
- To inform third parties about our users’ aggregate demographics, advertising impressions or how they collectively use our Websites
Please note that if you purchase a Summer Discovery product or service, you may receive transactional communications. You also may be offered an opportunity to receive additional information and promotions.
Summer Discovery uses outside vendors to provide certain services, such as companies that process credit card transactions for Summer Discovery. These third-party vendors will have access to the information needed to perform their functions but may not use your information for any other purpose. Examples include:
- E-mail acquisition and distribution
- Ticket fulfillment
- Marketing and advertising
- Travel tourism
- Printing and mailing
- Data Storage
- Payment processing
- Fraud prevention
Summer Discovery may collect personal data about you from unaffiliated sources with whom we contract, such as product and service providers and data aggregators, as well as from public sources or databases. We may obtain data such as your name, postal address, telephone number, demographic data (such as age, gender, income level, and purchasing profiles). We generally use such data to identify potential customers, or to update personal data we already have about existing customers or subscribers (such as an address update), or to enhance our data models.
Summer Discovery may occasionally share, exchange, or rent information which may include your name, address, email address, demographic data (such as age, gender, income level, and purchasing profiles) and purchasing behavior with carefully selected third-party organizations including our outside vendors, marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. We use cooperative database services primarily to identify potential subscribers and customers.
Please note that Summer Discovery also may provide your information to: (1) a Federal, State, or local law enforcement agency if Summer Discovery becomes aware of a violation or potential violation of law or regulation; (2) a court or party in a court or Federal administrative proceeding if Summer Discovery is a party or in order to comply with a subpoena; (3) the Department of Justice or in certain legal proceedings when Summer Discovery, an employee of Summer Discovery, or the United States is a party to litigation or has an interest in the litigation and the use of such records is deemed relevant and necessary to the litigation; (4) Summer Discovery officials, including the Inspector General, as needed to perform official duties; (5) a Committee of Congress in response to a formal request; (6) protect the security or integrity of Summer Discovery Websites and services; and (7) any other person or entity as required by law.
For European Residents – Our Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information
We are based in the United States, and your personal information may be processed on servers located in the United States, where the data protection laws may be different from the laws in your country. Standard contractual clauses (SCCs) are written commitments between parties that can be used as a ground for data transfers from the EU to third countries by providing appropriate data protection safeguards. SCCs have been approved by the European Commission and can’t be modified by the parties using them. Such clauses have also been approved for transfers of data to countries outside the UK and Switzerland. We rely on SCCs for our data transfers where required. The approved SCCs that we use can be found here .
Further, Summer Discovery is a controller of personal information and appropriately processes personal information about Europeans in accordance with the lawful bases and purposes specified below.
For revenue generating activities only, we obtain your consent to use your personal information to:
- communicate with you about the content and/or services you may be interested in through content and advertisements on our Websites, mail, email, advertising networks, and social platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram and Google
- provide you with special offers, promotions and information from across the Institution and select third parties in accordance with applicable law
We rely on our contractual obligations to you to use your personal information to:
- process, track, and manage products and/or services you request
- manage your account
We rely on our need to comply with our legal obligations to use your personal information to:
- protect the legal rights and obligations of Summer Discovery and others
We rely on our legitimate interests in providing and improving our services to use your personal information to:
- improve and enhance our services
- respond to your inquiries or comments
- contact you about changes to services to perform internal analysis in order to improve Summer Discovery operations and business practices
- help determine how parts of its websites are used in order to optimize site performance
- inform third parties about our users’ aggregate demographics or how they collectively use our Websites
- provide information about how many advertising impressions were delivered on a campaign
Location of Your Data
We are based in the United States and your personal information may be processed on servers located in the United States, where the data protection laws may be different from the laws in your country.
For California Residents
As a best practice, we provide the below notice about our collection of personal information under California law. We collect the following categories of personal information when you participate in a Summer Discovery program or use its website: identifiers/contact information, payment card information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above section of this Privacy Statement.The sources of personal information from whom we collected are: directly from you, analytics tools, social networks, and other vendors providing services on our behalf. We collect and use this information so that we can best serve you including to fulfill your requests and share offers we think you should be interested in. For more information on how we use your information and who we share it with, please review the How We Use and Disclose Personal Information section of this Privacy Statement. We do not “sell” personal information of known minors under 13 years of age. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (516) 447-4907 for more information.
We will retain your information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Remember that even after you cancel your account, or if you ask us to delete your personal information, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or recordkeeping policies. It may not always be possible to completely remove or delete all of your information due to technical constraints or, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
Children and Privacy
Summer Discovery’s websites are intended to be accessible and enjoyed by general audiences. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without first providing the parent or legal guardian with notice and obtaining prior verifiable consent. If a visitor known to be a child sends an email to Summer Discovery, we will only use it to respond to the writer and not to create profiles or otherwise retain the information. If a parent or guardian believes their child’s personally identifiable information was inadvertently collected, please contact us at email@example.com or (516) 447-4907.
Summer Discovery Disclaimer
Our goal at summerdiscovery.com is to provide you with an informative, fun, and user-friendly website. In doing so, we have posted content and material that we feel is suitable to our users. We have also provided links to other websites that you will find appropriate and informative. However, summerdiscovery.com does not endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information or content contained on or the distribution through websites linked to or from this website. Users that view sites linked off summerdiscovery.com do so of their accord and reliance upon any information or material shall be at the users sole risk. Additionally, summerdiscovery.com is not responsible for the copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in sites linked to from this website or subsequent links from other sites.