Are you interested in a career in healthcare? Johns Hopkins University exemplifies excellence in education for medicine, public health, the arts, sciences, and engineering. The university also sets the standard as America’s first research university. Summer Discovery is proud to partner with Johns Hopkins, where students share a passion for life-long learning and academic innovation.
During the two week Discover Hopkins program, students can experience what an intensive medical school is like by learning medical practices, visiting facilities, and working with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
The Discover Hopkins medical program is designed to engage bright high school students who are interested in medicine. Here are some highlights about the institute:
· Taught and guided by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine instructors and post-doctoral fellows
· Students will learn basic knowledge and techniques related to surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, and biomedical science
· Experiencing hands-on medical trainings at Johns Hopkins Medical Simulation Center
· Interviewing and networking with diverse medical professionals
· Visiting the world-renowned hospital
The program is designed and led by Yuejin Li, M.D., Ph.D. and co-taught by medical professionals at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Li is dedicated to promoting the next generation of biomedical and medical professionals and has been teaching college students since 2006.
Here is a sample of the workday schedule:
· 9:30 am – 12:00 pm: Lectures/ in-classroom activities/ labs
· 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch and break
· 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Hands-on medical training at simulation center/ guest speakers/ site visits/ panel discussion
If medicine is not right for, Johns Hopkins offers many other programs designed to expose students to different and exciting topics such as psychology, research, forensics, and more! For a full list of programs and sessions, please visit Discover Hopkins Programs, or complete the Johns Hopkins online application today.