It is that time of year again! 2017 is upon us. At the start of the new year, many people choose to make resolutions, or promises to themselves. Resolutions can be made in different categories such as personal improvement, work, school, and the outside world.
Whatever resolution you might make, it is important to abide by some simple rules. First of all, resolutions should not be overly challenging or impossible to complete. Second, resolutions should be aimed at a positive change. Finally, resolutions should be something that you can measure and reflect upon.
Here are some New Year’s resolutions from our associates at Summer Discovery:
· Megan – My New Year resolution is to just live a healthier lifestyle and hang with friends more!
· Jenn – My New Year’s resolution is to use pen and paper more and technology less; I want to be more personalized with communication to family and friends by writing letters and cards and not just texting and email.
· Riley – I want to cut sugar out of my diet.
· Liz – “Make More Time” is my NY Resolution for 2017. More time for me, more time for family, more time for friends, more time for development (personal and professional), more time for exercise. I’m looking to find a better balance in my life in 2017.
· Scott – I want to start practicing yoga!
· Victoria – Only get out for lunch one day a week. Go to the gym at least 4 times a week.
· Casey – Practice active positivity, help others (and myself, by association) see “silver linings” if negative situations present themselves.
· Robert - My resolution is to get outside more; running with my dog or hiking.
The great thing about a new year is that everyone gets a clean slate to improve or change something about their life. Aside from making changes, some people chose to try something new or pursue an interest that makes them happy.
As many high school and middle school students look forward to a new summer, now is the time to start thinking about trying something new! At Summer Discovery, we offer you the chance to experience a pre-college enrichment program or internship aimed at exploring a new place, making new friends, and trying a new learning opportunity. Sounds like an exciting and challenging experience, doesn’t it? Find your perfect opportunity at https://www.summerdiscovery.com or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.