It’s that time of the year. Hopefully, you have been preparing for this moment well in advance. You’ve taken the classes, written the notes, and now you need to prove your comprehensive knowledge of what you have learned. Finals week for high school students can be stressful, and it is traditionally a way to end the first semester of the school year. If you manage your time well, make a plan, and go into the test confident, finals can actually be a huge relief. While there are many ways to make this process successful, here are the top 5 tips for high school students to survive finals week.
1. Get rest & eat well – It is important not to change your usual sleeping patterns. Allow yourself time to relax before falling asleep and wake up with enough time to acclimate yourself to the morning. Plus, make sure that you eat a nutritious breakfast or lunch before the exam.
2. Organize a study session – Sometimes studying alone can be draining. Make it fun by getting together with friends and quizzing each other or making a review game.
3. Relax – Don’t panic or put too much pressure on yourself! If you start studying early and stay positive, you will enter into a confident mindset.
4. Follow rules of good test taking – These might be basic, but they are always time tested. Make sure that you read directions carefully, use all the time that you have, and check your work!
5. Let it go – When finals are over, forget about it. Reward yourself for your hard work. Do not think about the one question that you might have missed. Kick back, relax, and get ready for the next semester!
The best way to succeed is by having a plan and being equipped with the right skills for test taking. Summer Discovery offers great programs for Study Skills at UCLA, Michigan, and Penn State. We also offer SAT/ACT Prep by the Princeton Review and ESL/TOEFL Prep at many of our university programs. You can find the prefect program for you by visiting our website at https://www.summerdiscovery.com/ or by calling us at 516-621-3939. We will be glad to assist you!