Last week, the Summer Discovery associates visited two of our amazing college campuses. At the University of Texas at Austin we experienced a beautiful sunny day, while snow fell on a scenic University of Colorado Boulder. Typical of our high school summer program experiences, the staff participated in a full day of academics, activities, and fun! Here’s a look at our trip highlights.
· 9:00: Tour and breakfast at Callaway House, a premier residence hall on campus
· 10:30: Darrel K. Royal Stadium Tour including a walk through the field, trophy room, and private suites
· 12:30: Meet and greet with UT Austin professors from courses in Fashion, Psychology, and Sports Management
· 3:30: Admissions Tour with stops at Gregory Gym and Pool, the Texas Union, and Student Activity Center
· 5:00: Home area tour of Guadalupe Street – complete with dining, shopping, and fun!
· 8:00: Summer Discovery dinner: Texas BBQ – a staple of Austin cuisine
· 12:00: Lunch at the C4C Dining Center on campus, complete with numerous food options
· 1:00: Meet and greet with Boulder Science Discovery and CU Boulder Conference Services
· 2:00: Campus tour including Kittredge Complex, Recreation Center, and Folsom Field
· 4:00: Scenic overlook of Boulder and exploration of the home area “The Hill”
· 6:30: Walk through Pearl Street – another home area complete with dining, shopping, and fun!
· 8:30: Dinner with Summer Discovery group in the heart of Boulder on Pearl Street –
watching the CU Buffs in their first PAC 12 Championship Game appearance
The great thing about this schedule is that as a high school student YOU can experience all of it! Join us at either of these prestigious universities this summer for an incredible pre-college summer experience. Included in our programs are academic classes, housing at a premier residence, numerous dining options, and fun activities that reflect the culture of each unique location.
Interested in more information? Call us at 516.621.3939 or visit https://www.summerdiscovery.com/ for more details.